Diplomacy is simple...why the Trump Un summit went well

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Jun 12, 2018.

1. basicstrategy777, Jun 12, 2018

basicstrategy777

2. Mssthis1, Jun 12, 2018

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

I hope this is a beginning of a trend. Think of the possibilities if the billions of dollars given to other country's by our military presence there was spent on modernizing the air and naval fleet. I know you love the B52 but it's asinine to be defending the country with 60 year old assets. How many people have a 1958 Buick as their primary vehicle?

Eliminating Reforger was a huge blunder in my opinion. Bring back Reforger and expand it many times over with the money saved by closing overseas bases.

They could even go as far as creating a budget airline in the states using C5 or C17 class aircraft. You can convert a C5 from passenger to military use in a matter of hours.

3. basicstrategy777, Jun 12, 2018

basicstrategy777

[​IMG]

Don't under-estimate BUFF...there were 744 built and we have 75 left....she carries iron bombs and nuclear missles.....she can do significant damage and service life is into the 2050's.....she is an airborne aircraft carrier ......the B-3 will start replacing her in the 2020's.....don't forget operation linebacker 1 and 2 brought the VC to the table; it was a B-52 operation....they ended the war..

We already have contingency plans ( CRAF ) with over 500 civilian aircraft ready to convert to military use as the situation warrents ; the airlines have commited to this.

yacraps likes this.
  4. von duck, Jun 12, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

This photo is really stupid, even for you. This "summit" went "well"? :confused: You must be kidding. Kim said he's giving up nukes, and you Trump, will no longer be allowed war games with S.K. I wonder what Kim's gonna make Trump stop doing next? What else did Trump give up that he's not telling us? There is no way, you could possibly be THIS pathetic. The summit was a failure, at best, just admit it. :cool:

5. mrboxingfan, Jun 12, 2018

mrboxingfan

mrboxingfan Member

Its the electronics on the b52 that makes it state of the art not the plane itself there is only so much you can d owith putting massive weight on an aircraft.

6. von duck, Jun 12, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

The B-52 is kept in service as a stand-off cruise missile , mobile launch platform. This is the way the remaining H models are configured. The airframe was a good one, the range exceptional, and the B-1b has been plagued with problems, :cool:

7. Mssthis1, Jun 13, 2018

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

I definitely don't underestimate the B-52 and I feel the A-10 should be in service forever. I just feel that the money we give away to other countries could be better spent on hardware and the assets to maintain it properly.

I still remember the early 80's right after Carter. We always had "can birds" on the flightline so we could keep the rest of them in the air. It took until the mid 80's to get the supply chain filled for spare parts.

yacraps likes this.
  8. basicstrategy777, Jun 13, 2018

basicstrategy777

The summit was a grand success.

1. Kim has signed an agreement to de-nuk.

2. We received 3 hostages and didn't pay a nickle ( unlike the black prick)....

3. Nuclear sites have been destroyed and more will be very soon.

4. 6 months ago you liberal fucks said..." the crazy bastard is going to get us into a nuclear war".....today we are more at peace with NK than ever before.

5. Kim agreed to return to America some 5000 American MIA/prisoners of the Korean war.

6. There have been no rocket launches or nuclear testing by NK in months.

7. The US only has 2 wargame exercises with SK...the first one was held; the second one is not due till very late this year; we will know by then where we stand and we have many months in which this decision can be reversed.

8. We have gained more respect on the world stage; the idea of a new, strong leader of the free world is even more cemented.

9. The world is safer after the summit than before the summit.

Trump was handed a big ball of shit RE: NK.....at least 3 presidents could have solved this problem but did not and just kicked the can down the road; Trump ran out of road....he did his thing... solved the problem......and threw the ball of shit back in your face.

Trump is bending America and the world to his will......when he is thru, everybody will be at peace and prosperous, especially America.

You should have a picture of his ass and fall on your knees and kiss that picture every nite.

yacraps and crispcem like this.
  9. basicstrategy777, Jun 13, 2018

basicstrategy777

What did you do in aircraft maintenance ?

yacraps likes this.
  10. Mssthis1, Jun 13, 2018

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

I was in ground support equipment maintenance. They called it AGE back then. Spent some time working on APU's since I had a better grasp of how they worked than some people. I developed a knack for being able to adjust the centrifugal switches. We were supposed to take them off and send them to depot. If we did that we couldn't meet our mission ready percentile.

yacraps likes this.
  11. von duck, Jun 13, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

What a dumb-ass you truly are. :D I'm gonna catch shit from the dumb-asses, for lumping you with them. :)

12. basicstrategy777, Jun 13, 2018

basicstrategy777

I was in OMS ( flightline/AGE/fuel cell/crew chiefs/recovery/phase maintenance..... in SAC and very familiar with AGE....To get ready for ORI's I had cut a big steel container in half filled it with acid and had a crane lift the B-4'/5's , etc dip it in the tank....stripped all the paint and repainted all the equipment....hydraulic pumps were remover/protected .......it was a little crazy, a little hazzardous and overkill....but we had the best looking AGE equipment in SAC.....We had 'D' models and KC-135's......my first assignment.....and those MA-1a's were loud as the J57's....my hearing today ain't worth a shit.

yacraps likes this.
  13. Mssthis1, Jun 13, 2018

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

When i was stationed at Travis they had a Sac alert pad of KC-135's. They always scrambled them once week, usually at 3 or 4 am. We lived on base and found out quick you had to securely fasten pictures etc to the wall. lol.

My hearing is crap also.

We used to screw with newbies once in a while and tell them to haul piece of equipment to the SAC alert pad. The MP's would jack em up as soon as they crossed the double red lines on the flight line. ;)

Did you have -86's? The generator and start cart combo? They were loud too and they'd burn through 120 gallons of JP4 in less than 4 hours when they had them hooked to a C-5.

We still had some MD3's. When there wasn't anything else to do I'd hook one to a load bank and tune it until the exhaust turned red and blue flames were coming out the exhaust.

yacraps likes this.
  14. basicstrategy777, Jun 13, 2018

basicstrategy777

Had the MD-3 and MA-IA's........did shotgun starts at the Christmas Tree when on alert.....the MITO's were neat; taking off at 12 second intervals with trials of black smoke, fanning out to try to avoid turbulence......me and field maintence/A&E types were in a bread truck at the edge of the runway in case of maintenance problems; we had a real good view.........the 120 seconds of water injections made those friggin' airplanes LOUD and smokey......liked to see the 52's use the crabbing feature ...looked real odd.......SAC was my first assignment.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    HornHighBLEVE, yacraps and crispcem like this.
  15. von duck, Jun 13, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

The KC-135s and 52s were extremely noisy on take-off, sort of like Trump, but on the other end of the spectrum, have you ever heard what the KC-10s, sound like. By far, the quietest large jet I've ever heard, amazing, almost silent. :)

16. basicstrategy777, Jun 13, 2018

basicstrategy777

The KC-10 was after my time.......Hell I was in when we were working on C-124's, C-47's , C-123's, RF-101's.....although, when at McCoy, an SR-71 landed unannounced...we didn't have a tow bar and rigged up some chains to tow it in the hanger.....we were all out on the field to watch it take off the next day....she climbed like a homesick angel.....what a beautiful plane.the Skunk Works designed.

HornHighBLEVE and yacraps like this.
  17. basicstrategy777, Jun 13, 2018

basicstrategy777

another reason:

[​IMG]

18. von duck, Jun 13, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

Wow, were you the guy that fueled them up? How much coal does one of those hold anyway? :)

19. basicstrategy777, Jun 13, 2018

basicstrategy777

duck....

[​IMG]

yacraps and Mssthis1 like this.
  20. basicstrategy777, Jun 14, 2018

basicstrategy777