Dice Combinations Chart

Discussion in 'Beginner Zone' started by BuckShot, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Mssthis1, May 7, 2018

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

I feel the same as basicstrategy777.

The thing with due theory is most people look at way too small a sample.

The pass line or don't pass are about as close as you'll get to a coin flip bet in craps. Those bets still have long runs sometimes in the teens where one side or the other wins every decision or almost every decision. It probably isn't going to balance itself out in that session. If you only play an hour or two at a time it may take weeks or months to balance out.

If a coin flip bet can do that the swings are going to be many times wilder on infrequent hit bets like boxcars or aces. I've seen them hit 6 times in 20 rolls and I've seen them go over 250 rolls without hitting. For due theory to work CONSISTENTLY on those bets you would need 25 cent to 50,000 table limits, a huge bankroll, lots of time, and lots of Rolaids.

In defense of due theory, if any box number goes 50 tosses without hitting I'll be putting extra money on that number and sometimes woco on them..

2. von duck, May 7, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

Due theory is the most tempting of all craps "vises", probably the most violated of the craps "laws". Might have fallen victim myself, a time or two. :)

3. von duck, May 7, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

"Permutations"? I wish you'd stop cussin. :)