Dam Stinking Math!

Discussion in 'General Craps Discussion' started by tabletop123, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Grizzoola, Jan 18, 2016

Grizzoola

Grizzoola Member

Good analysis, NA. As a Broncos fan since their inception, I've gnashed my teeth over them many times. The Pats are a machine, shown vs. the Chiefs. Denver has to be up to its potential to win; anything less, & they're out. It should be (I hope) a good game.

2. Night Attack, Jan 18, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

The Chiefs were punching above their weight. In those 10 straight wins to end the regualr season, only two of their opponents had a winning record.

Hopefully we will see a resurgence of the 'orange crush'.

3. Night Attack, Jan 18, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

TT123,

Sorry to take your thread off topic.

Happy to talk football if anyone wants to start a relevant thread.

4. TDVegas, Jan 18, 2016

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Good stuff. Appreciate the info and nuances. We are eating hotdogs, peanuts, crackerjacks, hamburgers, French fries, nachos. What are the foods of choice in Australia for sporting events? I watched a Modern Family episode when they went "Down Under" (is that wording considered a slight or acceptable?) and they were eating...vegemite? Pie with sauce? Pizza?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  5. Night Attack, Jan 18, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

The meals of choice at ball games are of the fast food variety and in order of popularity they are probably as follows for winter sports and all washed down with a beer.

1. Meat Pies
    2. Sausage Rolls
    3. Hot Dogs (ours are better than yours)
    4. Hot Chips (i've never seen chips in America, only fries)
    5. Hamburgers (yours are better than ours)

Typically you will go to a pizzeria for a pizza and not at games. Those pre cooked and heated pizza slices are disgusting over here.

Not sure if you were questioning what a meat pie with sauce was. Sauce is what we call ketchup and unless you specify bbq or chilli or something, you will get tomato sauce by default. A meat pie is like an apple pie pastry but a small serving for one ( baked separately and not a wedge cut off a larger pie) and filled with 'mystery' meats combined with spices and pie gelatine. Probably not that healthy but very tasty.

Of course those in corporate boxes are catered for and eating differently since someone else is paying.

I saw that Modern Family episode and they couldn't cram enough Aussie cliches into one episode. And yes vegemite is the national savoury spread but it is an acquired taste. You would spread it on toast with butter and have it for breakfast with your coffee or as a sandwich snack in between meals. A popular and easy lunch for kids to take to school. You just can't eat a spoonful of it like it's honey or something. Maybe i'll get betwthelines to try some when he gets here though he may know it from the old days when he was stationed out here. If you smell it for the first time, it'll smell like $hit.

Down Under is perfectly fine and well accepted. A lot of Aussies prefer it and it really took off after that Americas Cup victory back in 1982, with the winged keel and all.

Onautopilot likes this.
  6. TDVegas, Jan 18, 2016

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Awesome. Thanks. Always love to hear about the differences and similarities of food across our world. Are you guys drinking Fosters? Or is there another brew that has become a favorite?

7. Onautopilot, Jan 18, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

My memories of "Down Under", are several fold, I won't mention number one, but number two was, the genuine hospitality, number three was, that if you met up with some Aussie sailors, they would inevitably challenge you to a beer drinking contest......and you can rest assured, they will win! :)

TDVegas and Night Attack like this.
  8. Night Attack, Jan 18, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

You know most locals do not drink Fosters. That was a beer ad campaign mostly aimed at tourism. I find locals will tend to drink their state beer. Eg in Qld they'll drink XXXX, in NSW they'll drink Tooheys, in W.A. they'll drink Swan Lager,in VIC they'll drink Vic Bitter and so on. Not really a beer drinker so don't know all the state beers but if i had to guess at the most popular of all those i'd say it is currently Victoria Bitter.

TDVegas likes this.
  9. Night Attack, Jan 18, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

You're not fooling anyone Pilot. We all know your number one is the ladies be it here or anywhere in the world.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    TDVegas and Onautopilot like this.
  10. Onautopilot, Jan 18, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Caught again. :)

I have a list of countries by that category'

#1. Spain

#2 Your own great country!

#3 Your own great country!

#4 Your own great country!

Well, you probably get the drift, I had a very good time "Down Under"!

Note: Spain came in at number one, probably because I was there more than 3 days! :)

11. Night Attack, Jan 18, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Sounds like you had a GREAT time down under. And those Spanish women, well yes they have that latino fire that makes them special.

Onautopilot likes this.
  12. Onautopilot, Jan 18, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Well, to tell the truth, I think all women are "special"......it's just that every so often, you find a special one, that has a way of making you feel special too! :)

This thread got a bit off topic with thoughts about food, football, traditions, and such......but life is a whole lot more than just craps. So every once in a while, the "traditionalist" will just have to humor us!

Night Attack likes this.
  13. Night Attack, Jan 18, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

I forgot about Heineken. That is also a popular beer here.

14. Night Attack, Jan 18, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Yes we got a bit off topic. Just to bring it back to topic, i say that 2 girls for every guy is advantage play in my book.

Onautopilot likes this.