Dam Stinking Math!

Discussion in 'General Craps Discussion' started by tabletop123, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Night Attack, Jan 17, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

There is the odd hot day with high humidity in the southern states but typically the northern part of the country that resides in the tropics are the ones that get the constant high humidity all through summer.

Basically that's our Florida.

Onautopilot likes this.
  2. Night Attack, Jan 17, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Arians the dick nearly outfoxed himself. What was he thinking with that throw that never had a chance and killed the clock? If you don't want to run it against a stacked box at least throw a 2 yard slant to fitzgerald and he can fall forward, keep the clock rolling and then it's 3rd and short and you are one short play away from kneeling the damn ball.

Yes I have money on Arizona to win the NFC.

3. Night Attack, Jan 17, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

I say Denver knocks off the Pats next week. Nether will win the superbowl however.

4. Night Attack, Jan 17, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

There are 3 golden rules when using an apostrophe.

1. It is used when joining and abbreviating two words. Eg 'You Are' are becomes You're.
    2. It is used to signify ownership.
    3. Never to be used as a plural.

Now back to craps and the math...

Oh, I got nothing.

Onautopilot likes this.
  5. Night Attack, Jan 17, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

A four count. I like how you think.

6. 7uwin

7uwin Member

The house has the bankroll and the math

The only math a player can apply is money management.

Onautopilot and Grizzoola like this.
  7. Morgue, Jan 18, 2016

Morgue

Morgue Member

The tough craps player does indeed enjoy a marathon session. However, only when the dice are behaving.

Unfortunately, when I arrived they had not been and it did not improve.

We played for an hour or so before funds had run dry for the more aggressive approach. I fiddled a bit with the 6 and 8 and came out $18 up. Had $30 bonus chips though so really it was a small loss.

@betwthelines went back the next day without me and won BIG though...
    ...maybe I was bad luck :/

He's headed clockwise now around the continent. I'll see him back here in April after he goes on his adventure and pays @Night Attack a visit in Sydney.

8. Grizzoola, Jan 18, 2016

Grizzoola

Grizzoola Member

As a Broncos fan, I'm resigned to the fact that the Pats will win. In the Steelers game, the Broncos had another case of drop-passitis. You can't win a game, dropping 5, 6 good on-target, passes. You just can't. The Pats OTOH pass cleanly, effectively, accurately. Also, the Broncos can't lean on their D to win games for them or depend on lucky chances, such as the fumble in the Steelers game that set up the B's TD.

The B's must clean up their O; otherwise, it's the Pats to the SB, & I wouldn't be surprised if they win their second consecutive SB. (I don't bet sports, BTW.)

9. basicstrategy777, Jan 18, 2016

basicstrategy777

The spread is 3.

Sports are funny.

Don't give up on Manning and Denver Grizz.

I'm with you on this one.....hope Denver wins and beats the cheaters.( even if Brady is for Trump ).

10. black3car, Jan 18, 2016

black3car

black3car Member

Yeah ya gotta watch the Patriots and those biased footballs! :D

11. basicstrategy777, Jan 18, 2016

basicstrategy777

The leapord doesn't change his spots.

When they played KC last week....the KC headsets were fucked up...same as with the Steelers several years ago.

I swear the Pats have a special ops division that comes up with this crap. Just like that formation they came up with last year.

They cheat....they've been caught cheating....they paid heavy fines for cheating......thery probably won th Rams super bowl by cheating........they just are cheaters.

I don't like them...I don't like their organization...owner....coach....quarterback.

I respect what they've done......don't like um'.

12. KokomoJoe4, Jan 18, 2016

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

This from the non-expert:

Mountain Time zone Super Bowl.

Denver by 4 over NE, and Cards by 6 over Panthers.

13. basicstrategy777, Jan 18, 2016

basicstrategy777

I love ya guy.....but are you sure about that ?

14. KokomoJoe4, Jan 18, 2016

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

About as sure of the picks as I am of Dave hitting me a bunch of 4's and 10's.......:eek:

15. Night Attack, Jan 18, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Yes betwthelines certainly did win big yesterday and a couple more sessions like that and he won't want to leave.

He's expected around my neck of the woods mid March or slightly after that and has now headed west as morgue mentioned, but one wrong left turn and he could end up in the drink.

I'm sure he'd love to get back on here and post soon but he will be travelling in some remote areas and an internet connection may be more scarce than hens teeth. But i'm sure he'll give a full catch up once he gets to the north west cape.

Onautopilot likes this.
  16. Night Attack, Jan 18, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

Yes Denver had a case of the dropsies and 3-4 of them on 3rd down conversions. If it wasn't for that they would have been in front at the half and what we would all have expected. Arizona had the same thing happen to them in the first half with dropped passes though not as many and they fixed it at the half. Call it nerves or a bit of rust after having the week off.

In all my time watching football, NFL or my own local codes, it is the team that has the tougher games in the lead up that performs better as the tournament goes on. Both Denver and Arizona had the tougher games to the point where they were given a real scare of being eliminated and in the playoffs these are the types of teams that respond. NE and Carolina had it a bit easier and there may be a flase sense of security that gets into your psyche when that happens.

Denver's offense will run much smoother on Sunday and it is my opinion that Denver's defense will do a much better job on the Pats' offense than what the Pats' defense will do on Denver's offense. For this reason i favour the Broncos and will take that spread without hesitation.

The Cards OTOH couldn't run the ball against the Pack so I don't know how they are going to run it against that Carolina front 7.
    And Palmer is the weak link if you ask me though i think he has the overall better receiving corps. He needs to play a lot better than he did against the pack and better than he has played all year. For that reason I will probably hedge my NFC championship bet where I took Arizona to win it after week 3 or 4 whenever it was when they lost their first game.

And the math says defense wins championships. Just trying to keep it on topic...lol....sorry about that but it is championship weekend.

17. TDVegas, Jan 18, 2016

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Is American football a big deal Down Under?

18. Night Attack, Jan 18, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

I've always liked the NFL from the first time I saw those Steeler/Cowboy Superbowls back in the 70's.
    But way back then that was the only game we got and we never had any other real way to keep up with the sport.
    Fast forward to the days of internet and pay tv and all of a sudden we had a lot more exposure and the interest grew.

There is interest but not as much as there should be for the sport. Most times it is not even reported and purposely so IMO to protect their own codes where they make their living. It is not offered as a sport in schools or at a junior level that i know of, though there has been a local league from time to time that fizzles out every other year then seems to resurface but it gets no coverage whatsoever and probably has no fan base other than the players and their families.

Typically you see it every year that when the Superbowl arrives, they all come out of the woodwork and show that they are interested and act like they know something about it. When it's over this same crowd resurfaces at the next big event like the soccer world cup or similar.

This year however there has been more interest since Jarryd Hayne made the 49er squad but i don't know how many times the local media has misrepresented his role with the team. Most people here think that he was the feature back at SF and it annoys me no end.

Typically Aussies don't like American sports because they are too long and they are stop start and the game has no flow. These are the same people who watch a game of cricket that can last 5 days. They also don't like change and stick to what they know.

But there are some real hard core nfl fans here and just trying to find them is not easy. Most who follow NFL do so for betting purposes as it also runs during our own football offseason.

NFL will never become as big as it should down under because they just won't let it.

19. TDVegas, Jan 18, 2016

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

Thanks for the reply...interesting. I know American football is catching on in Europe, well Great Britain. I wasn't sure of the interest in Australia. Interesting take. Is it called American football as opposed to here?...just football. Your football is our soccer?

20. Night Attack, Jan 18, 2016

Night Attack

Night Attack Member

It is referred to as American football and even American Gridiron sometimes. Never football as it would confuse it with our own football.

Depending on where you are in the country will determine what you call football.

Eastern states where rugby league or rugby union is prominent will call these football (footy) and rugby repectively. Aussie rules will then be called by their abbreviated full name of AFL.

South Eastern, Southern, Western and Northern States where Aussie Rules is prominent will call that football (footy) and the other codes above as NRL and rugby, though in the north i'm not sure they can even differentiate these two.

And soccer is soccer so as not to confuse it with all the other football going on, though those in the soccer media keep calling soccer as football in line with Europe etc....but they have a long way to go to make that stick.

But whatever game you go to, we're all still going to get a pie with sauce to eat.