CRAPS TOURNAMENT -- RULES

Discussion in 'Beginner Zone' started by Speedracer7, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Speedracer7, Sep 22, 2017

Speedracer7

Speedracer7 Member

The Golden Nugget – Las Vegas is holding a Craps Tournament in mid-October, with $150 buy-in and a $25,000 first prize. It is a 2-day event. I have never been to one of these, but I am guessing that it will draw a lot of players, especially of the DI/DC variety. What are the typical rules that are in play for a craps tournament like this? GN site: https://www.goldennugget.com/las-ve...events/Eighter-from-Decatur-Craps-Tournament/

2. Mssthis1, Sep 22, 2017

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

The only one I ever played in was at a CET property over 10 years ago and I don't care for them. They move slower than a glacier.

Usually they use something to mark the action starting spot and whoever has the button places their betting action first and it goes around the table in order, Every Roll.

They may or may not allow dice setting.

Your playing spot will most likely be assigned to you.

They may let you keep the dice for an entire shoot or they may only let you roll once and then the dice go to the next person.

They usually go a set number of rolls and then count up the chips. The top so many people advance to the next round.

Best thing to do would be to call or email them to see if they can send you a written set of rules since every property has different formats and rules.

3. Speedracer7, Sep 22, 2017

Speedracer7

Speedracer7 Member

That format does not sound at all interesting......... I will try to contact them for the rules........and let you know if they respond.

4. James Hall, Sep 23, 2017

James Hall

James Hall Member

check their website they may have some information there

5. James Hall, Sep 23, 2017

James Hall

James Hall Member

Playing in those tournaments is different in some respects from normal craps play
    in that you are not playing against the house , you are playing against all the other players
    The players are who you must beat
    There are specific strategies out there for this type of play and tournament players who do well with them
    Tournament players find them fun

betwthelines likes this.