cash-out vouchers for bubble craps

Discussion in 'Bankroll Management' started by dustedone, Nov 29, 2017.

1. DeMango, Jan 5, 2018

DeMango

DeMango Member

Maybe an inch or two, that's all it would take. I would love to see some snow down here, really help out the local economy. You know all the police, hospitals, tow trucks, body shops, everybody working overtime, insurance companies taking it on the chin, etc.
    If you haven't spun into a ditch or guardrail, you haven't lived!

2. Liman

Liman Member

someone we know has a college aged son, hes been shoveling driveways for years, since he was in junior high school always makes some cash when it snows.
    the last couple of years he and his friend attach a plow to the pickup the other kid has, and he purchased a snow blower.

yesterday after 3pm, his mother told us they made 1200 dollars and today they were lined up with a few big jobs,(doctors office parking lots, quick stop grocery store, things like that)

a lot of wealthy areas around here, most have their gardeners shovel, but these kids are making mints with these types of storms.
    charging up to 200 a home depending on driveways and amount of time. and people are paying it.
    the local high school kids are charging 50-75 on my street this morning, and that's only shoveling to the front door, not the entire driveway, just enough for one or two cars.
    people are thrilled to pay them that, its -15 wind chill, no one wants to be out there.
    me, I was out there yesterday and this morning with my snowblower. as long as Im vertical and feel ok, Ill still do it. My wife wants me to hire someone.

3. superrick, Jan 5, 2018

superrick

superrick Member

Careful what you wish for! It could be you in that ditch!

4. DeMango, Jan 5, 2018

DeMango

DeMango Member

Don't drive in snow no more, but I know how!

5. Liman

Liman Member

today wasn't the snow on the roads or cold that was bad for driving, it was getting where I needed to be and with all the snow plowed and piled against the sides of the roads, it was very difficult when people parked halfway blocking 2 way streets into one way streets, and with this single digit temps, it wont change till next weekend when it warms up enough to melt some of it.
    finidng parking was very tough today, mountains of plowed snow blocked all the meters, some buried and others unreachable, and trust me, the local meter people would give out tickets in a heartbeat.

6. von duck, Jan 5, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

It doesn't matter if you know how to drive in the snow. You have no control over what other drivers do, and that's the problem.
    I hear people say, I'm not worried about snow, I have a 4 wheel drive. :confused:Morons! A 4 wheel drive will not stop any better than anything else, and that's the problem in snow or ice, stopping the damned car.:cool:

yacraps and superrick like this.

7. Liman

Liman Member

when you watch the news in any state where the roads freeze up its always the 4 wheel drive vehicles that are flipped over on the highway
    nothing matters on ice.

but 4 wheel drive is nice to get out of snow and parking spots, even your own driveway. you definitely get better traction in snow, ice sucks for anything on it.