Carroll Quigley, Bill Clinton and the rise of globalist conspiracy theories

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by Settingcanthurt, May 13, 2019.

1. Settingcanthurt, May 13, 2019

Settingcanthurt

Carroll Quigley, Bill Clinton and the rise of globalist conspiracy theories
    WASHINGTON. From time to time, I respond at some length to queries emailed to me via Quora.com. Late last week,I received a peculiarly interesting query involving Carroll Quigley. This late and arguably great Georgetown University history professor and iconoclast was at his reputational peak when I attended Georgetown (1967-1972. BA, MA). The Quora query also referenced the influence of Carroll Quigley on Bill Clinton (Class of 1968) anticipates the rise of today’s globalist conspiracy theories.

The outline of Quigley’s alleged globalist conspiracy theory bears an uncanny resemblance to current globalist conspiracy theories, circa 2019. Hence, my interest. The query reads as follows.

Carroll Quigley – Bill Clinton’s favorite professor at Georgetown University – boldly admitted in his Tragedy & Hope (1966) that the multitudes were already under the control of a small but powerful group. What are your thoughts?

Quora?
    For those unfamiliar with Quora, which first emerged in 2010, Wikipedia briefly describes the site as “a question-and-answer website where questions are asked, answered, and edited by Internet users in the form of opinions.”

As opposed to sites like Twitter and Facebook, the Q&A action is generally respectable and relatively well informed. However, numerous Q&As are clearly anti-Trump set-up questions framed in a way that lets you know they come in from the institutional left, and are meant to encourage anti-Trump responses.

That said, the dialogue here tends to be less heated then in those previously mentioned sites, which is why I respond to Quora queries from time to time. What follows is an expanded version of my answer to this one.

Georgetown: A Washington, D.C. University in the late 1960s
    I attended Georgetown University in the late 1960s, first arriving there in 1967 as a naïve freshman from America’s Great Lakes region. Ironically and unexpectedly, my arrival there coincided with the beginning of the massive anti-Vietnam War protests that fall, and the April 1968 Washington riots following the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King. Making things even more interesting in retrospect, note that Bill Clinton (whom I never met) was a Georgetown senior, three years ahead of me in the graduating Class of 1968.

At the time both of us were attending Georgetown, Carroll Quigley was regarded as Georgetown’s most famous but most controversial history professor. This was due to two simple facts:

1. Carroll Quigley was an iconoclast, which was popular at the time; and
    2. Quigley was not an easy “A” or even an easy “B” for that matter. Grading was tougher back then, and taking Quigley’s course was a significant risk.
    (The rest)

https://www.commdiginews.com/politi...clinton-globalist-conspiracy-theories-118633/

yacraps and crispcem like this.
  2. crispcem, May 14, 2019

crispcem

crispcem Member

I liked this line lol:
    "Like the Saudi “religious police,” these newly minted young brownshirts walk among us today, looking for someone to denounce. Even Quigley might be astonished at what today’s university hath wrought."

I blame the effing hippies.
    effing hippies.jpg

yacraps likes this.