BLM

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Aug 13, 2020.

1. basicstrategy777, Aug 13, 2020

basicstrategy777

The Tides Foundation and BLM

By Civis Americanus

The 501(c)(3) tax exempt Thousand Currents and ActBlue Charities are http://tmp.americanthinker.com/arti...er_has_super_powers_heres_the_kryptonite.html Global Network, which is campaigning openly against President Trump on its https://blacklivesmatter.com/black-...sentatives-committee-on-oversight-and-reform/ and also in other venues. BLM leader Patrisse Cullors said openly in a, "Trump not only needs to not be in office in November but he should resign now. Trump needs to be out of office. He is not fit for office." "…we are going to push for is a move to get Trump out… Our goal is to get Trump out." https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/How to Lose Your Tax Exempt Status.pdf cannot be used legally to influence an election.

A response to the tweet with the Cullors interview says, "Thanks, sending this tweet to the IRS so they can see BLM's 501(c)(3) status should be removed." (BLM itself is not tax exempt, but Thousand Currents and ActBlue Charities are.) Another person posted aof IRS rules, while another added, "So they want tax exempt status, but they are going to pull this?" People can act on this information via https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13909.pdf. California, where Thousand Currents and the Tides Foundation are domiciled, uses https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/charities/charitable/ct9.pdf, "Complaint to The California Attorney General Regarding a Charity or Charitable Solicitation."

The very end (last ten seconds) of thissays, “We get Trump out of office by leading with bold and creative action.” There is more than ample evidence that BLM is therefore using tax-exempt resources from Thousand Currents, ActBlue Charities and, as of July, the Tides Foundation, to influence the election. While Form 13909 and CT9 complaints have doubtlessly been filed, there is no guarantee that regulatory agencies will be able to act on them prior to mid-October, when people will start to send in absentee ballots. We therefore need to take this controversy viral so voters can form their own opinions in the meantime.

The Tides Foundation Steps In

The Capital Research Center reported, "Tides Center Takes Control of Black Lives Matter Global Network." I am not familiar with the Capital Research Center but they also posted a letter from Thousand Currents to the California Attorney General.
    Quote:
    "We represent Thousand Currents. By this letter, we hereby provide written notice to the California Attorney General in accordance with California Corporations Code §5913 of a proposed transfer (the "Transfer") by Thousand Currents, a California nonprofit public benefit corporation, of all of the assets associated with Thousand Currents' fiscal sponsorship of the Black Lives Matter Global Network project (the "Assets"), constituting substantial assets of Thousand Currents, to The Tides Center, a California nonprofit public benefit corporation ("Tides"), which will serve as the new fiscal sponsor of the Black Lives Matter Global Network project."
    I have no way of knowing whether the Tides Foundation was aware of BLM's political activity when it accepted the fiscal sponsorship. That is between the Tides Foundation, Thousand Currents, and Black Lives Matter Global Network. My only concern, and that of the public, involves the use of taxpayer money to campaign against President Trump while engaging in a partisan, and I stress "partisan," get-out-the-vote effort that is emphatically not directed to people in MAGA hats or centrist blue collar Democrats in trade union hats.

Take This Issue Viral

Black Lives Matter Global Network has deceived many people and organizations (including for example Starbucks, the MLB, and the NBA) into believing it is a civil rights movement whose principal objectives are racial equality and police reform. BLM has made it clear that its priorities are instead, "This is the revolution. Change is coming," and "we continue the revolution" in combination with a 501(c)(3)-funded anti-Trump campaign. BLM and its supporters also seem to believe they have the right to "cancel," or destroy the livelihood or academic career of anybody who says one word against them. We must therefore expose BLM's betrayal of the trust of the American people, a fraud backed by the Democratic National Committee, and voters will express their revulsion accordingly on Election Day. Nothing is more devastating to the opposing side than the sense of broken trust among its former supporters.

There is ample precedent for discrediting an opposing movement to cost the other side an election. The 501(c)(3) tax-exempt Million Mom March claimed to be a commonsense gun safety organization in 2000, but it was actually promoting House candidates on its website and running what was called a thinly-disguised campaign rally for Al Gore. Nobody knows whether it would have turned out the additional few hundred votes Gore needed to win Florida because a columnist exposed the issue several months before the election. The MMM's supporters distanced themselves from it within a month of the scandal hitting the fan, and its collapse may well have cost Gore the election due to (1) the MMM's inability to get out the vote as planned and (2) outright alienation of voters whose trust the MMM betrayed.

As but one example, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America withdrew its public-relations support from the MMM when it learned of the electioneering. The Tides Foundation may feel similarly compelled to repudiate its even closer ties with BLM Global Network, which will be a comprehensive humiliation for BLM and all its corporate, academic, political, and organizational supporters.

Readers should therefore take viral this credible argument that Black Lives Matter Global Network is a political campaign disguised as a civil rights movement. Take it to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, talk radio, and your local newspapers to provide others with the evidence provided here that (1) BLM is campaigning openly against Trump and (2) BLM receives 501(c)(3) tax exempt support from the indicated sources. You can see the linked BLM website and Cullors interviews yourself. You don't have to take my word for them, and neither do Mr. and Ms. American Voter.

Settingcanthurt and yacraps like this.
  2. MisterInside, Aug 13, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

BLM is a hate group.They hate all cops and most white people. What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want them? Now.

Trump is so hated that many, if not most, young, impressionable, naive people choose BLM as a justifiable alternative to him. Many women too. Fits their White Privilege narrative perfectly.

Race, race, race is all we hear. You must support BLM or you are racist. Democrats, the media and celebrity constantly beat that drum. There is no middle ground. Another chapter in the narrative.

President Harris. Coming your way in 2024 if we don’t stop this anarchy within 100 days.

3. MisterInside, Aug 13, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

The Senior Champions tour is in nearby Akron-Firestone for the Senior Players Championship this week. It's a "major" on their tour. Journeyman golfer, Kirk Triplett has brought politics into the wonderful world of senior golf by putting a Black Lives Matter decal on his bag this week. He feels that it's necessary to get the BLM message out to an audience that maybe doesn't get it. Kudos to Kirk and his wife for adopting a black kid who is now 18 years old. There are millions of black kids out there who would benefit from a pair of loving parents. America would be better for it and the black community would derive enormous benefits. But I refuse to dismiss my beliefs that BLM is a hate organization and would prefer professional golf and sports remain non-political. Fat chance.

Kirk has won 17 pro tournaments worldwide in his career. I wonder if any of those tournaments were held at private country clubs without any black members?

What's next.....BLM tattoos on horses at Saratoga? You heard it here first.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    Settingcanthurt and yacraps like this.
  4. MisterInside, Aug 13, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

5. basicstrategy777, Aug 13, 2020

basicstrategy777

the real question is......why can't i buy a used UPS truck ?....why

yacraps likes this.
  6. twodicebilly, Aug 18, 2020

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

misterinside

I quit watching the bucks and i may quit all professional sports.
    My daughter lives in Minnesota and went to college in UCLA and Europe
    which explains some of it, but i had the kids at a resort last week in minnesota. she
    went home early Sunday to go to the George Floyd memorial.....i asked if she was
    going to also visit the Patrick Underwood memorial ????

well you can imagine what happened then.???

TDB

yacraps likes this.
  7. Settingcanthurt, Aug 19, 2020

Settingcanthurt

yacraps likes this.
  8. twodicebilly, Aug 19, 2020

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

SETTING

lord knows which one she is...but i am sure she is there...

She was telling my wife how bad black have it talking to their kids everyday and what to wear
    and be afraid of the police....i told here maybe they should stick to dont use drugs, dont kill other
    blacks and dont kill the police.

TDB

9. Settingcanthurt, Aug 19, 2020

Settingcanthurt

yacraps likes this.
  10. Settingcanthurt, Aug 19, 2020

Settingcanthurt

What happened to you cheesheads? Ya had a good leader. lead ya right to it and warned you how is was taking over and now you blame the only cure available to you.

He Warned you.
    Senator Joseph McCarthy of Wisconsin!
    For many Americans, the most enduring symbol of this “Red Scare” was Republican Senator Joseph R. McCarthy of Wisconsin. Senator McCarthy spent almost five years trying in vain to expose communists and other left-wing “loyalty risks” in the U.S. government. In the hyper-suspicious atmosphere of the Cold War, insinuations of disloyalty were enough to convince many Americans that their government was packed with traitors and spies.

It was battled back then as is now.
    At the same time, the Republican-led House Un-American Activities Committee (known as HUAC) began a determined campaign to extirpate communist subversion at home.
    https://www.history.com/topics/cold-war/joseph-mccarthy

BLM is a Communist organization. You should know this. Your daughter should know this.

yacraps likes this.
  11. Settingcanthurt, Aug 23, 2020

Settingcanthurt

“The group Black Lives Matter says nothing about black lives lost in inner cities due to rampant violence. Since 2015, The Washington Post has maintained a comprehensive database of fatal police shootings. The Post database shows that fatal shootings by police have run steadily at around 1,000 per year since 2015. Much more

https://www.commdiginews.com/politi...balist-religion-131785/?utm_source=whatfinger

MisterInside and yacraps like this.
  12. twodicebilly, Aug 23, 2020

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

misterinside

you are correct....Trump is so hated that many, if not most, young, impressionable, naive people choose BLM as a justifiable alternative to him. Many women too. Fits their White Privilege narrative perfectly.

But colleges have been putting out these kids for many years now, this just did not start. The difference is Trump is very
    easy to hate even by his supporters, Trump is a rotten apple in the barrel, sooner or later he destroys the entire barrel.

Lots of us dislike the dems so much we have decided to put up with him, that is on us, so now we have to live with
    the results.....The reason you have riots in the streets is because supporting the cops would be supporting what
    Trump wants....they would rather have the riots than have Trump

My daughter is a prime example.....her dad and mom are hard workers,provided for the family, she went to U of MInn
    for her degree, masters from university college of London and Loyola of California.....she is so full of white guilt she cant
    walk straight, she hates the cops, she hates meat and hunting, hates oil and every republican in the country.

yet....she was fine when he school was paid for, did not want to share her good grades with others not doing so well, felt a local
    university was beneath her, and would support as many abortions as you could have. All her college friends are just like
    her.

777 loves Trump because he says Fuck you and does what he wants...........thats like eating a jelly donut, lasts for 1
    minute then what????? eat to many jelly donuts to feel good and your screwed......well we had to much of Trump
    and we are screwed.....when the election is over the riots will end because the same people that put up with them to make
    Trump look bad will demand they end to make Biden look good, and the colleges will continue to put out millions of young
    Nancy Pelosi's.

like Trump says...it just is what it is !!!!!!

TDB

MisterInside likes this.
  13. MisterInside, Aug 23, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

TDB-

Sadly, you are correct about everything except the jelly donuts. Trump has made the lives of good old conservatives worse and accelerated their extinction. Demographic changes in our country’s makeup will take care of what is left.

It was a good run for a couple hundred years.

yacraps likes this.
  14. twodicebilly, Aug 23, 2020

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

misterside

You have to look at the good side........after the election there will still be jelly donuts. I own a
    Bakery in Birnamwood Wisconsin......i lease it out and the girl that runs it is retiring in
    December and she cant sell the business......maybe us old farts should start making donuts
    again.

Be safe

TDB

MisterInside likes this.
  15. Settingcanthurt, Aug 23, 2020

Settingcanthurt

What you fail to recognize again is it would not matter the name of a President with a R behind his name. The actions and reactions of the left including the media and all they have brainwashed would be the same. Biggest difference is Trump is a way better man then they have ever had to beat down before so deeper closer to hell shit is being brought to baer but remember. You are a small noisy minority. Very small.. Being under the magnifying glass today they look big but this election will end that too.

yacraps likes this.
  16. Settingcanthurt, Aug 23, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Actually there are more who have turned away from the leftists this year then ever. They have gone from nanny state to nasty state and many democrats see it for what it is. The Tide has turned and evidence will be when California's polls are still open when, Trump has already secured the Electoral Collage. We all get to go to bed early knowing, not like last time waking up to shock.

yacraps likes this.
  17. MisterInside, Aug 23, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

TDV-

Bakeries ain't what they use to be. We have Dunkin and grocery stores out here, nothing like the old days in Baltimore. We were in Maryland for 12 days in July. I visited a real bakery 4x during my trip.

Peach cake, sticky buns, crumb cake, cheese cake, peach bun, marshmallow donuts, Boston creme shown below.

Better than sex.

upload_2020-8-23_16-29-5.png

yacraps and Settingcanthurt like this.
  18. MisterInside, Aug 23, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

I live 15 miles from Goodyear HQ in Akron. Naturally, the BLM story has gotten a lot of local attention.

Here is a photo taken at the meeting when the controversial slide was shown and discussed.

The Goodyear CEO has danced around the issue since the shit hit the fan. As far as I can tell, he hasn't condemned the content. Today's Akron Beacon Journal had the story as it's lead and I can't tell you what Goodyear's policy is, after reading that article. The ABJ leans LEFT 100% of the time. Nobody has the balls to criticize BLM in any manner, shape or form. Shameful and chicken shit.

The bad guys are still winning and it's a rout.

upload_2020-8-23_16-41-4.png

yacraps and Settingcanthurt like this.
  19. Settingcanthurt, Aug 23, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Most all bake shops today use frozen dough products like stuff from Sysco.
    Dunkin Donuts at least had donut makers in the 60's but that changed too. Problem was always the same. Picking out which donut and not eating too many.

yacraps likes this.
  20. Settingcanthurt, Aug 23, 2020

Settingcanthurt

Would it be a criticism to point out that BLM IS a communist organization funded by George Soros with stated goals of tearing down the United States as we know it? Is that criticism?

yacraps likes this.