BLM

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by basicstrategy777, Aug 1, 2020.

1. basicstrategy777, Aug 1, 2020

basicstrategy777

Writer for NY Post, Questions NBA's tolerance of BLM ?
    Phil Mushnick actually wrote this - he'd best be in a secret location - Pretty Brave I'd say -

"NBA dropping ball in not condemning BLM vandals

Here are a few for Adam Silver: Is your game being gamed? Given that “Black Lives Matter” will prominently appear on NBA courts, why do you suppose BLM hasn’t repudiated the riotous destruction of mobs claiming to be BLM advocates?

Does BLM support the demolition of now three statues erected to honor courageous pre-Civil War abolitionists?

Does BLM, the NBA and National Basketball Players Association support the reckless, ignorant anti-Semitism emerging after the killing of George Floyd? Is it good with the vandalism of churches, businesses and buildings that employ thousands? St. Patrick’s Cathedral had “BLM” and a vulgarity spray-painted on its outside wall. Why didn’t BLM condemn that?

Has Black Lives Matter or the NBA condemned the nightly urban gun slaughters of mostly young blacks by mostly young blacks? Or is it that not all black lives matter?

And why does the NBA allow the presumption that so many of its fans support police brutality and oppression of blacks, so much so that they need their social sensitivity meters recalibrated any more than do NBA players?

Or maybe BLM is good with all the chaos, as Silver and the NBA pander to this proud Marxist movement.

And let’s continue to ignore that the NBA and its players are in up to their wallets with the slave-mastered Nike workers in totalitarian, Communist Red China. Or is LeBron James and the NBA pro-slavery?"

yacraps likes this.
  2. MisterInside, Aug 1, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

BLM is a hate group.

Remember their chant...”What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want them? Now.”

Oh, they mellowed? My ass!

yacraps likes this.
  3. basicstrategy777, Aug 2, 2020

basicstrategy777

They will fold like the KKK because their core is rotten.

yacraps likes this.
  4. basicstrategy777, Aug 2, 2020

basicstrategy777

5. badddoin, Aug 2, 2020

badddoin

badddoin Member

What We Believe
    Four years ago, what is now known as the Black Lives Matter Global Network began to organize. It started out as a chapter-based, member-led organization whose mission was to build local power and to intervene when violence was inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.

In the years since, we’ve committed to struggling together and to imagining and creating a world free of anti-Blackness, where every Black person has the social, economic, and political power to thrive.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

6. twodicebilly, Aug 2, 2020

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

BADDOIN

Pure hog wash..........Remember "hands up dont shot"...............total bs kid robbed a store
    ruffed up the clerk, fought to get the cops gun shooting it twice in the car...then when the
    cop told him to stop he came at cop.......if i had done that i would be dead and so would
    you.

In 2019, 259 Black people were killed by police in the United States. This compares to 182 Hispanics, 13 Native Americans, and 406 White people. The rate of police shootings of Black Americans is much higher than any other ethnicity, at 30 per million people. This rate stands at 23 per million for Hispanics and 12 per million for Whites.

So now what.....this proves race is a problem correct ?????

But.....Heather Mac Donald writes in her book The War on Cops: How the New Attack on Law and Order Makes Everyone Less Safe that in Chicago, IL, blacks committed 76 percent of all homicides, despite composing 35 percent of the city’s population

Blacks are 10 percent of the population in Los Angeles, CA, but commit 42 percent of its robberies and 34 percent of its felonies. Whites make up 29 percent of the city’s population, and commit 5 percent of its robberies and 13 percent of its felonies.

In New York City, blacks committed “75 percent of all shootings, 70 percent of all robberies, and 66 percent of all violent crime,” despite only composing 23 percent of the population,

Now I imagine your going to say well you know if it were not for white people, no black person would ever commit a crime.

We have lost over 150 police officers the past three years.....

suicide rates for police double the number killed in action.

BLM....talks about being black in poor areas, how would you like to be a cop there....????

Sorry your not going to ever solve the race issue if you protect black criminals at the expense of the police and the victoms
    of the crimes.

The Milwaukee bucks players are struting around with black lives matter shirts saying this time it will be different......and it will
    i will not watch another bucks game until the players understand the 6000 black folks killed by blacks last year are as
    important to their families as the nine killed by police.

TDB

yacraps and MisterInside like this.
  7. von duck, Aug 2, 2020

von duck

von duck Member

Wow! It's just like this guy knew you personally. And, he has letters for his name too, just like you, B.S. :cool:

8. MisterInside, Aug 2, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

Great example of trolling.......

Every company, every organization, every church has a damn Mission Statement. BLM is the only organization in the multiverse whose Mission Statement does not include the phrase that 'diversity is our greatest strength.' Want to know why? Because they hate whitey. Don't kid yourself. They hate all things white. The only thing that they hate more than whitey is a white cop.

Everything that TDB mentioned about crime statistics is true. Too bad that it's one of those UNMENTIONABLES.

None of this will ever change until the family unit is reestablished in the black family. 75% of black kids are raised in a single parent home despite black abortions approaching 40% in a country that is 14% black. I am not suggesting that there should be more black abortions. There should be none.

In the mid 60's, only 25% of black kids were born to a single parent in an abortion absent country. Trillions of dollars wasted on social programs that made things worse.

yacraps likes this.
  9. badddoin, Aug 2, 2020

badddoin

badddoin Member

Let us just say, for the sake of argument in this conversation, that blacks are responsible for all crimes, large and small. How many blacks should the police then be authorized to murder?

10. twodicebilly, Aug 2, 2020

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

baddoin

not sure, twice as many unarmed whites are killed as blacks

i guess the real question is when will the 6000 blacks lives matter
    that are killed by other blacks.....

there have been 29 people killed in these protests.......none by police,
    when are those going to matter??

Lets look at each of those 6000 murders and the the guy in Minnesota and
    see if the result was any different.

TDB

11. badddoin, Aug 2, 2020

badddoin

badddoin Member

Gotta love this throw-away line. Used in this context it's not only inherently dishonest, but racist as well. (It's used as justification for killing unarmed black people.) The thing is, being a cop isn't even that dangerous of a job. Yeah, sure it's more dangerous than selling insurance, but it never cracks the top 10. My last job as a truck driver was much more dangerous. My current job as a Welfare Queen is pretty safe, though.

That being said, though, I still think it's awful when a cop gets killed. I'm sure it's
    as anyone else.

I'm sure that when a logger dies in the woods it's
    as anyone else.

I'm sure that when a truck driver dies trying to deliver his load, it's
    as anyone else.

So why is it, then, that everyone's always making so much fuss over dead cops? I've heard the argument a few times that it has to do with the service they provide, and I guess that's a possibility, but it really doesn't hold much water.

If asked tomorrow morning, after I've completed my business, but before I've wiped, would you rather a logger bring down the trees necessary and a truck driver delivered the product to my grocer necessary to wipe my ass, or would I rather a cop come in and write me a ticket for not wearing a seat belt, I know where my loyalty would fall.

Chart-Dangerous-occupations-1.jpg

12. von duck, Aug 2, 2020

von duck

von duck Member

A rotten core? :confused: That doesn't give trumps administration much hope. :)

13. Mssthis1, Aug 2, 2020

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

After spending the weekend in Vegas and observing, BLM is their own worst enemy. They were the majority species on the strip during the weekend.

They were by far the worst offenders for not wearing masks or social distancing. They'll all be dying of the kung flu soon.

If not Kung flu, one accidentally shot himself at the Linq valet Friday night. Add that to the 3 in Louisville and the 3 in Colorado wounded by friendly fire in the last week.

Meanwhile here in Iowa there's several hundred thousand hunters who can heart shoot a deer at 50 yards with a bow and arrow and we go to South Dakota to shoot prairie dogs at 250 yards with our rifles. Lol.

Also talked to two federal officers decked out in full gear, including plate. First time I've seen that on the strip.

yacraps and basicstrategy777 like this.
  14. twodicebilly, Aug 2, 2020

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

BADDOIN

so if a black is killed by a police officer is called racist, what would you call an eight
    year old white kid that had his throat slit by a black guy?????

TDB

15. MisterInside, Aug 2, 2020

MisterInside

MisterInside Member

An unmentionable.

yacraps likes this.
  16. badddoin, Aug 3, 2020

badddoin

badddoin Member

What I do know is that the current attention to BLM was sparked by yet another unarmed black man being murdered by the police, and you want to talk about anything else.

17. basicstrategy777, Aug 3, 2020

basicstrategy777

Shit happens.....people are murdered all day long....it is very rarely done by a police officer......when done, he is given a legal trial......you don't condemn the entire police force if one member does bad things and 99 do good things......you don't put the entire police force on trial.....which is what you are trying to do....and is wrong.

yacraps likes this.
  18. badddoin, Aug 3, 2020

badddoin

badddoin Member

If only that were true, we may not be in this pickle. Historically what has happened in questionable fatal police shootings is a closing of the ranks around him. The local State Attorney frequently declines to bring charges, and when they do, they oftentimes mount lackluster prosecutions, resulting in aquittal. Until recently that was the norm rather than the exception.

In the Michael Brown case the prosecutor presented a grand jury with exculpatory evidence, practically guaranteeing no indictments. (Prosecutors NEVER do that.)

You're making up facts again. I got nothing against cops. They serve a vital role in our society. Most are good folks, I'm sure. I won't, however, join the bandwagon and put them up on some unwarranted pedestal just because they're cops. And when they close ranks around a cop who has done wrong, then yes, they do get cast into the same pot.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  19. twodicebilly, Aug 3, 2020

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

baddoin

Well what I know is that for every black killed in an confrontation with police i can give you
    two white guys and for every 1 killed by police i can you 670 killed by other blacks.

I have 3 black nephews, i want their life to be like everyone else, but you need to get something
    threw your head...police have to put up with black thugs everyday and they have to see
    over 6000 black bodies or more each year and maybe that has as much to do with the nine
    blacks killed by police as the police do.

You got a choice which it appears you have already made, you can try to fix black crime and the police
    to have a better country or you can continue to only blame the cops and this will never change.

See Baddoin, people that think like you are the problem...the police and the 6000 dead every year are
    the result.

TDB

yacraps likes this.
  20. basicstrategy777, Aug 3, 2020

basicstrategy777

Badd......The police duty is above and beyond.....they risk their life every day....every day......they protect us........they are a cut above.....they should be put on a pedestal....and looked up to......not spit on...blinded by lasars....hit with rocks and molitov cocktails....shot....assassinated.....by your precious black lives matter folks.........YOU are on the wrong side in this debate.....instead of praising the police, you take the side of they are murderers......people like you do not add savv to the wound but salt.....you are not helping......

yacraps likes this.