Blackjack tournamemt

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by M & M, Feb 21, 2014.

1. M & M

M & M Member

I'm playing in a BJ tourney with a prize pool of $2300.
    I've never played in one before and could use some help.
    Any suggestions (please) ?
    Thanks,M&M

2. basicstrategy777, Feb 22, 2014

basicstrategy777

Know basic strategy...............find out the rules of the tournament e.g. when you can double down, when you can split, etc, ( you might be able to double down on blackjack )............you will have to make some big bets sometime ; I would wait until the last 10 hands before making large bets, selectively; if you are in the lead bet half to three quarters of the largest bet made; if you are behind, try to catch the leaders with your betting; it is best to try to catch the leaders with one large bet as opposed to several medium size bets ......In general, keep your powder fairly dry early so that you are there at the end to have a chance.

basicstrategy777

3. M & M

M & M Member

Thanks for the advice .Waiting till the last 10 hands sounds like a winner to me.Had not thought of that.But then I don't usually play BJ, but am familiar with basic strategy.
    Anyone else like to chime in?

M&M

4. Lifeisacrapshoot, Feb 22, 2014

Lifeisacrapshoot

Watch the documentary: "The Player, Vegas Whale" today, Sat. 2-22-2014, on the Bloomberg network channel. It is on at 9am, 1:00PM, and 8:00PM Central Time. I watched it again this morning on channel 062 or 62 on Comcast. The documentary/interview with Don Johnson who beat the house in Vegas and Atlantic City for $15,000,000.00. He was able to negotiate the rules of Blackjack to his advantage. Fascinating story. He's banned from Caesar's for life. He beat Caesar's, The Borgata, and The Tropicana.