32 Across. How many hits and down?

Discussion in 'Advanced Craps' started by Mugs050, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Titleistguy, Apr 4, 2016

Titleistguy

Titleistguy Member

I can agree with that - part of thinks that taking odds though is such a fundamental that I'd rather have one less come bet, and place odds on what I do have. To me, odds + flat bet are in fact one bet. In my mind I don't separate the two. At that point, if you're going to play come bets with no odds, just start dropping quarters onto the field while you're at it...maybe you'll catch a 2 or 12. Lol.

2. Onautopilot, Apr 4, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

I play a pass, come, with a parlay wins strategy....natural winners being a big part of it. Not at all comparable to the field bet. All my bets carry the same 1.4 % HA, the best in the field is 2.5% HA, if the 12 pays triple.

3. Titleistguy, Apr 4, 2016

Titleistguy

Titleistguy Member

( The field remark was sarcasm, I know the HA on those bets).

:)

I'm sure you're a learned and knowledgeable player that has found a sweet spot for your risk tolerance, bankroll, and tastes. In fact, I'd argue most people on a craps forum, probably have ... lol.

In my mind comebets + odds come together in a package like pez and dispensers. :cool:

Onautopilot likes this.
  4. Onautopilot, Apr 4, 2016

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Like I said, I could never argue the odds bit, taking odds is a part of various betting schemes, and mathematically, odds are the best bet on the table.

But one size does not fit all players, all the time. I do use odds sometimes in my play, but have drastically reduced the amounts I allot to them now. Mostly due to the increased volatility of high odds play.

You and "between the lines" (tough craps player) would get along great.....he always plays the lowest pass and come bet allowed for with taking the max odds, all the time....and progresses his bets, all the time! :)

Titleistguy likes this.
  5. basicstrategy777, Apr 4, 2016

basicstrategy777

My over-riding priority is conservation of buy-in.

Most decisions occur very early in the hand. They are ....you win or you lose. I don't care about the win part.

They idea behing PL then come bets with no odds in the first 4 tosses is so that on a seven out I do not lose or I lose very little, compared to taking odds on the line and on the come bets. I don't care about the wins...my first priority is not losing much, early in the hand.

Doing what I do, meets my objective ; as I win I go up and spread. I take my bets down the toss before a 7 out.

I can get hurt after the first 4 tosses when I take odds but that's life. Maybe it's not my day.

I don't know what your priorities are or how you position yourself to achieve them.

I guess if you are just there to gamble and enjoy playing a certain way.....so be it.

It sounds like you do well.

6. Craps Poopshoot, Apr 4, 2016

Craps Poopshoot

One of these days we should all have a serious talk about Odds.

Onautopilot likes this.
  7. Titleistguy, Apr 4, 2016

Titleistguy

Titleistguy Member

I'm sure you've found a method or system, as much as I hate the word system lol, that works for you. I'd like to know more about it. Do you take full odds when you eventually or do you step them up as you go... Sorry if you covered that already and I missed it.

Do you at the dark side ever?

8. Titleistguy, Apr 4, 2016

Titleistguy

Titleistguy Member

Your method reminds me of what Beau Parker teachers... I think that's his name.
    I honestly don't hate that idea and can see how it works. Because I play crapless I can't miss out on horn numbers when they do hit bc they're much less frequent. You see shooters go point, 2, 11, out. And I make money on that shot.

Next time I play at a regular table I'll try your come bet / ramp up strategy... Bc I do agree with one thing if a heater is gonna happen it won't matter that you were light the first couple rolls as long as you get there eventually.

9. basicstrategy777, Apr 5, 2016

basicstrategy777

Titleistguy....To paraphrase "The Art of the Deal"............' micromanage the downside, the upside will take care of itself.'

I think your style of play is much more exciting and will yield much higher wins. I sure wouldn't knock it. Several times a year, I think it would be a good thing to go hell-bent for leather and send it in. I'm sure it would be very cathartic.........and the stories you could tell.

10. KokomoJoe4, Jan 6, 2017

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

You can play the game as safely as possible, which involves only a single line bet with < 1.5% odds against, and still lose damn near every bet you make. I know this because I have done it several times.

For those who like the Doey-Don't and feel it is safer, that is fine but incorrect, unless you NEVER experience a come out roll of 2, 3 or 12.

It is a given that there is little to no excitement with a consistent one bet at a time method of play, but it has to be the best way to minimize losses.

If and when you have a few hits and have more money than you came in with, and if you want to maximize the amount won, put most or all of the winnings on the table in any manner you want to, but even in this situation, you WILL win (or lose :() MORE if the wager is all on one number.

It is not difficult to see that there is only one way this sort of play becomes exciting - you need several such winners in succession.

11. HornHiYo, Jan 6, 2017

HornHiYo

HornHiYo Member

I start out my play in a similar way and I disagree that there is only one way to make this sort of play exciting. Certainly several such winners in succession is exciting but so is taking down larger single bets.

Across betting is busy and requires lots of interaction with dealers creating chances for miscommunication and mistakes where single bets require very little interaction and they are easier to track and press at the right time.

The across bettor risks far more on each roll than they can win and this may create an adrenaline rush by risking $32 to win $6 -$9 on every toss plus there is the grind and sense of relief to get beyond four hits just to break even.

But making one large single bet of $30 or more can induce gambling highs and lows as well as any other bet on the layout and it always pays more than what's at risk. Once it hits table max it is easy to transition to inside, across or color up. That's the game action that makes single bets as exciting as any bet.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Twelve4s likes this.
  12. $nakeEye$, Jan 6, 2017

$nakeEye$

$nakeEye$ Member

:)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    James Hall likes this.
  13. KokomoJoe4, Jan 7, 2017

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

key words above being ALMOST, CAN and NON-SEVEN toss.

Everything is good, when it works.

14. twodicebilly, Jan 7, 2017

twodicebilly

twodicebilly Member

15. driglaz, Jan 7, 2017

driglaz

driglaz Member

Maybe you should limit your exposure only field bets.

16. 8DWU8

8DWU8 Member

A book I read called "Craps for Low Rollers" does something similar. 22 inside working on the come out. Three rolls then down and wait for the next shooter. Author suggests a win goal of 20% or 25% buyin. There is also a chapter with an Iron Cross alternative as well.

17. Freddyy, Jan 16, 2017

Freddyy

Freddyy Member

That would be 64 across 4 horn wich cost 68$ instead of 15-18-18 5-6-8 10 field costs 61$ for same payout. Both are well overexposed.

18. 8DWU8

8DWU8 Member

If I remember right, he also regresses his bets after each hit. It's been a long time since I read it but I do remember something like that.

19. driglaz, Jan 16, 2017

driglaz

driglaz Member

play how you want to play

if you have the time take one hit and go down. wait it out. sleep while the roll continues.

maybe your bank-account is big, so you never regress and always press, who cares if you don't win, your bank-account is big.

Maybe your suspicious and will "call-off" your bets for one reason or another.

Maybe you do not like how the shooter is tossing the dice so you regress

Maybe you lost a ton on the shooter so you skip him

As the biggest looser of the year said "what difference does it make" (Hillary Clinton)

i do not think you should let anyone on this board dictate what is right and what is the wrong way to play.

but what the hell do i know

KokomoJoe4 likes this.