28 Straight Box Numbers

Discussion in 'Craps Stories & Trip Reports' started by six shooter, Sep 10, 2019.

1. six shooter, Sep 10, 2019

six shooter

six shooter Member

Justin one of our team dice players threw 28 straight box numbers the other day and 31 out of the total hand of 33 were box numbers. In Windsor you can sponsor a shooter to shoot for you, so I sponsored Justin when the dice came to me. He rolled a 25 hand with 16 straight box numbers. Great display of shooting.

2. The Midnight Skulker, Sep 10, 2019

The Midnight Skulker

"Sponsor", as in pass the dice to any other person at the table?

yacraps likes this.
  3. six shooter, Sep 10, 2019

six shooter

six shooter Member

That is correct..pass the dice to somebody to shoot for you and then it goes back to the next person in the rotation.

4. von duck, Sep 10, 2019

von duck

von duck Member

A lot of Don't players like for me to shoot for them. :)

5. The Midnight Skulker, Sep 11, 2019

The Midnight Skulker

I have never seen nor even heard of that option before...but then I have never played outside the US. Just another thing for the crew to keep track of, though decent ones seem to be able to do that with ease.

I was once SO at a table -- forgot where and when -- with the shooter two positions to my right. He sevened out after only a few rolls and the dice went to the next shooter, putting me "on deck". Those two guys obviously knew each other and before the comeout roll switched places, making the previous shooter the next shooter. "We have a traveler," I remarked to the base dealer, indicating with a head movement the guy who had moved.

The dealer at first gave me a puzzled look, then answered, "Oh, I see what you mean," and enlightened the stickman. The shooter had a decent hand during which the dealers rotated. The new stickman was informed during the changeover and when the hand ended the dice were passed directly to me. The traveler unconvincingly feigned indignation at being "skipped" but raised no other fuss.

yacraps likes this.