25 cent Horn Bet

Discussion in 'General Craps Discussion' started by Twelve4s, May 18, 2018.

1. yacraps, May 18, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

The Aruze machine here at Rincon Harrahs is 5 dollar pass and dont pass and 5 dollar come,after that you can bet a 1,2 or 3 dollar odds or field,hard ways you also cant make a dollar bet unless you have a 5 line bet in other wards you cant just bet a 1 dollar hard 8 unless you have a 5 min line bet

Mssthis1 and Twelve4s like this.
  2. eDiceGuy, May 18, 2018

eDiceGuy

eDiceGuy Member

Ouch!!! AZ Interblocks have $2 min Horn bet and STW at AZ Harrahs has $1. On the Interblock I will start with $1 on E/C and if I win then I slide the bet over to the horn and it is automatically pressed to $2. On the STW I start with a $1 Horn bet and then manually press if it wins.

Mssthis1, yacraps and Twelve4s like this.
  3. Twelve4s, May 18, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

Many days I can’t remember what I had for breakfast, or if I had breakfast, but my recollection is that slots o fun’s craps table allowed two bit line bets. I say that because I remember always taking odds. Can’t remember what they allowed back then, but it was at least double odds?

I don’t know how I missed out on Silver City, but the Stardust was one of my haunts. Like you said, those days are gone and it’s sad for those of us who remember the good times. Remember that crazy Romanesque fountain in front of Circus Circus? It had water coming from the gods mouths. One morning around 4am, there was a guy passed out on the base of that fountain with streams of water splashing around him. He was out cold. Wish I’d had a camera. Today, that picture would go viral. Stuff like that, was normal back then.

Mssthis1 and yacraps like this.
  4. Twelve4s, May 18, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

Ouch, that’s the price you pay for living in sunny San Diego.

I was able to make hw bets for a quarter and cover the easy way for a quarter. Hit and parlay. One bet it wouldn’t allow was doey don’t. But you could dc for a quarter, then place or buy same number. Sort of a doey don’t.

5. yacraps, May 18, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

Yeah thats for sure...the first time I went there (and by the way it was due to one of your posts) that I was able to play the bubble (thank you) I thought I would start out slow so I put a dollar on all the hard ways and just before the guy pushed the button the machine takes them down (wtf) and of corse he rolls a hard eight sonsabitches :) I have also played at Pechanga (thats the post you put up) next time there Ill see if they do the same as Harrahs

6. yacraps, May 18, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

I always liked the fountain at the Stardust..it had like 4 or 5 round sections that would shoot water back and forth and across the 4 or five spots

7. yacraps, May 18, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

Here it is at 43 sec

8. yacraps, May 18, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

Bring back memories at 30 sec

Mssthis1, Twelve4s and Liman like this.

9. Liman

Liman Member

slots fun like most of the strip hotels had 2x odds back then. when I became a big player and bet 10 dollars pass line, it was always the 25 dollar odds bet on 6 and 8.

the only bad thing I remember about stardust, was that we would always use America west vacation packages, 350 each for 4 days, airfare, hotel and transportation to and from airport. but we never got tower rooms, it was always the shitty motel rooms in the back.
    and I hated that my wife would have to go there alone sometimes at night, it was quite a walk. plus the motel rooms weren't that great.
    they would never let us upgrade since we were there on package deals, we switched to flamingo, not knowing they had shitty motel style rooms in the back, and then we just started booking it ourselves so we got tower rooms wherever we went.
    on the south side, same side of street of stardust, was silver slipper, I used to play poker there at midnight, each player got to call his own game, and eventually, after getting slaughtered there I realized the pros were just waiting to rip us novices apart, so that was the end of my poker playing in vegas. I stuck to 10-25 cent games with my friends.

for as long as I live, I will never forget silver city and the 3 11s in a row I rolled for some cowboy that made something like 15 thousand dollars and the pit boss leaned over and said to me if I ever did that again they would kill me.

Last edited: May 18, 2018

10. Liman

Liman Member

thanx for that video , once around 82-83 I was having a great trip, must have been up 500 bucks, big money for me then, and the last night, around 3 am, I was just sitting across the street from stardust, just came out of silver city, and was admiring the lights since I was leaving in a few hours.....cop pulled up on bicycle and started grilling me what was I doing there. wanted to know if I was drinking, who I was waiting for.....did not believe I was just sad I was leaving in a few hours and wanted to admire the glitz before I went up to pack. he actually called for a squad car for backup, after I handed him my license to ID myself and explained what I was sitting there for.

11. Twelve4s, May 18, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

And that’s no bullshit

12. von duck, May 18, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

From what I understand, Aruse machines round up, to the next penny, but Interblock machines round down. TR-31 was bitchin about the Interblock machines one time, if my memory is correct. :)

Mssthis1 likes this.
  13. Twelve4s, May 18, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

TR31 likes to control the dice by timing when to hit the button. How’s he going to do that on Interblock?

Mssthis1 likes this.
  14. von duck, May 18, 2018

von duck

von duck Member

I'm glad you asked that question. You see, that Aruze game has a random delay feature on their button, which means the two machines are "equally" controllable. What put TR-31 off, was the "staggering" financial loss, when the machine rounded the payoffs down, instead of up. On average, there would be nearly $.01 difference per winning bet. As you might imagine, this hit would erase any chance of profit in a session, so he will not play Interblock. He claims $100 in free slot play, for $30 lost playing the machine. He says that he can recover 97% of the $100 FSP. If this is all true, That's not a bad deal. Not sure why he would advertise it though. He also claims some control of the dice, which I know for a fact, is not true. So, where does that leave us? :) :cool:

Mssthis1 likes this.
  15. Twelve4s, May 18, 2018

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

I guess I missed it, how does TR31 control the dice on the Interblock?

Mssthis1 likes this.

16. Liman

Liman Member

after my wife would have her fill of slot machines, Id usually walk her back to the motel section of stardust so she didn't have walk alone. when Id come back to sleep in the middle of night, the side parking lot at stardust, leading into the motel, had quite a few campers parked in there. Hookers used to sit on beach chairs outside their campers calling over to any man walking up to his hotel/motel room, it was like they were running a business(which they were) like selling hotdogs out of a hotdog truck, they were selling their services out of their hot dog campers.

me and my wife would look for them when we went to room, and point them out to each other, theres one, oh, look, that one looks 60 y/0, theres another one........it was pretty funny. law enforcement didn't seem to care about them, they werent aggressive.

and stardust keno lounge, I was able to get the girl to bring me pretzels, chips, sometimes even finger sandwichs if they were available, all for a nice tip..and if they weren't busy.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  17. DeMango, May 19, 2018

DeMango

DeMango Member

Great stories Liman, enjoyed it!

Mssthis1 likes this.
  18. Mssthis1, May 19, 2018

Mssthis1

Mssthis1 Member

If you play horn bet on the interblock machines make sure you check the pay schedule which is conveniently located on the very last page of the help screens.

On the machine here, the 3/11 pays 4 for 1 on the entire bet or 75 cents. for a 25 cent bet and the bet stays up. The 2/12 are 31 for 4 on the entire bet amout, which is a proper payout even though I have never seen their choice of verbiage before.

The payouts for the individual bets of 2/3/11/12 are 16 for 1 and 31 for 1 as most joints are.

The machine you play may be different so check the payout table if you aren't sure.

To get back to the original question how did they pay a quarter horn back in the quarter table days? Did you have to bet $1.00 or would they book a smaller bet? For a quarter bet, it would have to be 75 cents for a 3/11 and $1.50 for a 2/12 since they didn't have anything smaller than a quarter on the table?

By the time I took up gambling the quarter tables were a thing of the past.

Twelve4s, eDiceGuy and yacraps like this.
  19. yacraps, May 19, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

That makes sense and thats what I was thinking that a25 cent min would be a dollar horn

Mssthis1 likes this.
  20. eDiceGuy, May 19, 2018

eDiceGuy

eDiceGuy Member

I thought poker was my game until my first trip to vegas. Sat in on a 7-stud game. Was doing ok and then the next hand I was dealt 2 aces down and high card (queen) on the table. I learned that if you were high card always bet. That first bet will usually get the pros out of the game. By the 4th up card there were only 3 of us and one dude raised me. I called thinking he might have 3 of a kind (I had not bettered my aces). Last card, I was still high on board and bet the max. The previous better dropped (must've been betting a 4 card straight or flush and didn't make it). The other guy raised me. We raised back and forth 3 times and then I called. He had 2 aces and a king down. I lost and was busted. I walked out.

Craps has been my game since.

Mssthis1, Twelve4s and yacraps like this.