2017 MLB

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by AzDice, Apr 2, 2017.

1. random_roller, Oct 6, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

Congratulations to the NHL's newest team, the Vegas Golden Knights. The team (1-0) still has never lost a regular season NHL game.

upload_2017-10-6_23-38-2.png

yacraps likes this.
  2. TDVegas, Oct 6, 2017

TDVegas

TDVegas Member

I knew they were playing tonight. Nice win.

random_roller likes this.
  3. yacraps, Oct 6, 2017

yacraps

yacraps Member

Great game I knew Cleveland would come back the yanks are gonna make em earn it

4. basicstrategy777, Oct 7, 2017

basicstrategy777

The manager lost the game......CC pitching great, low pitch count, experienced...Giradi pulls him.......'hit' batter was not hit, loads the bases, Sanchez tells bench re-view it, Giradi does not review; saying he didn't get OK from slow-mo is BS; no penalty to review; bad decision......leaves in Betances for 3 innings after a walk and hard hit ball, should have brought in Warren......

Girardi was too clever by half. He has a tendency to overthink things and the result is he makes wrong choices.

This loss is on him.

I'm not throwing in the towel.....but this is some-what of a long shot. I hope the team gives it a supreme effort.

yacraps likes this.
  5. yacraps, Oct 7, 2017

yacraps

yacraps Member

Variance and poor decision making from the Yanks was certainly on Cleveland's side yesterday

6. random_roller, Oct 7, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

Tribe skipper Terry Francona didn't exactly have a great game managing, either. It was very apparent from the first few pitches -- to 37K+ at the stadium and many online -- that Kluber didn't have his A game (or his B game, either). He had no control (relative to his usual pinpoint accuracy) and his pitches had almost zero movement. Nor was he painting the corners. Usually he gets a lot of swings & misses, but that wasn't really happening. He threw 38 pitches in the 1st inning, which is a crazy high number for him. Basically, he was throwing erratic batting practice and the patient Yankees hitters were teeing off on him. No way he should have been in there to face Aaron Hicks, who crushed yet another poor pitch for a 3 run HR and a 6-3 lead for New York. Big-time brain cramp on Tito's part. Had Kluber been pulled before facing Hicks, I doubt it's 6-3.

yacraps likes this.
  7. random_roller, Oct 7, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

I don't know if it only favored Cleveland last night.. See my previous post. In addition, Cleveland lost its cleanup hitter (DH Edward Encarnacion) in the bottom of the 1st inning, so basically the entire game. As a result, the Indians had to play Michael Brantley at DH, who had been on the DL until the last 2 games of the regular season. He's not game ready at this point and it showed. Brantley went 0-5 with 2Ks. Finally, the midges didn't make an appearance.

Tribe bullpen did a great job after Clevinger (normally a starter) gave up the 2 run HR in the 5th.

yacraps likes this.
  8. random_roller, Oct 8, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

Red Sox just plated 3 runs, all with nobody on and 2 outs to take a 4-3 lead in the 3rd inning. Houston outfielders are looking a bit tentative on hard hit balls to the outfield. Boston's starting pitcher lasted only 1.1 innings. Looks like David Price will have to go a long way in this game if the Red Sox are to have any chance of winning game 3.

yacraps likes this.
  9. basicstrategy777, Oct 8, 2017

basicstrategy777

When Price is good....he is very good. Like to see the sucks and yanks even the series.

yacraps likes this.
  10. random_roller, Oct 8, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

Very true. But 7 year, $217M good? I think moving him to the bullpen was a great move. Takes a lot of pressure off of him to go against another team's #1 in the post season.

I'm definitely rooting for the Red Sox to win the next 2 games in the ALDS. If I had my way, Game 5 between Boston and Houston would go 18 innings or so. I wouldn't mind Sale redeeming himself in that winner-take-all game, although if he gets rocked again, Red Sox fans will be unmerciful and it will be a long, long offseason for him.

Hopefully, the Indians will close out the ALDS in New York. Tonight would be great, but I can accept a Game 4 win by Cleveland.

yacraps likes this.
  11. basicstrategy777, Oct 8, 2017

basicstrategy777

I have a feeling....the Bombers will win.

yacraps likes this.
  12. random_roller, Oct 8, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

They might win tonight, but I think Cleveland will win this ALDS. I checked and (fortunately) didn't see Pedro Martinez on the Yankees' roster.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    yacraps likes this.
  13. random_roller, Oct 8, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

Yankee fans are tough -- booing Joe Girardi when he was introduced during the pre-game line-up. Don't they realize this team is way ahead of schedule? If fans in NYC need to boo a home team / player / manager, how about the Mess, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Islanders or someone with one of those underperforming teams?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    yacraps likes this.
  14. basicstrategy777, Oct 9, 2017

basicstrategy777

They should be up 2 to 1.

You bet your ass Yankee fans are tough. You wanna piece of me ( grabbing crotch)

The Bombers only need 2 more. We're not thru yet. I recall a team being ahead 3 games to 1 in a recent world series.....how did that end.

We will need great play and some luck but I'm not tossing in the towel. They can do it. They must believe.

[​IMG]

yacraps likes this.
  15. random_roller, Oct 9, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

Perhaps the Yankees are having to pay back some of the huge breaks (Jeffrey Maier ring a bell?) they have received in the playoffs over the years. Encarnacion hit .455 against Tanaka but didn't play last night because of the injury he sustained in the 1st inning of game 2. Another huge break for NY. The Tribe had a few opportunities -- Kipnis 1 out triple, but he was stranded, and the great play by Judge to take away a 2 run HR from Lindor. Good to see Judge stay with it on defense after he (arguably) misplayed the ball Kipnis hit (that went for a triple). He's having a tough time at the plate but isn't let it affect other parts of his game. Kudos to him; he seems like a good kid. He's only going to get better, which is a scary thought.

Oh well, we'll see how Tomlin (or Bauer) fare in Game 4. Kluber should be fine in Game 5 (on normal rest from previous start, not the extended layoff waiting to pitch in Game 2). Cleveland still has 2 chances to close out the ALDS.

yacraps likes this.
  16. basicstrategy777, Oct 9, 2017

basicstrategy777

Random.....to be clear...the indians will lose tonite( if they play).

yacraps likes this.
  17. random_roller, Oct 9, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

As I am rooting for the good guys, I hope you are incorrect (assuming the game is played).

yacraps likes this.
  18. basicstrategy777, Oct 9, 2017

basicstrategy777

Yankees will win big....feel it in my bones.

As my math honed, razor sharp, betting strategy says ( it's in my book)......"when you gotta hunch, bet a bunch." You can't beat voo-doo.Why I keep getting push-back on this, God only knows.

Like I tell the hoi polloi, the unwashed masses, the non-believers......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    yacraps likes this.
  19. basicstrategy777, Oct 10, 2017

basicstrategy777

20. AzDice, Oct 10, 2017

AzDice

AzDice Member

1507661136513-867136803.jpg
    I thought I had tickets for last nights DBacks game. I buy enough mini season ticket plans to Dbacks game that they give me season ticket holder privilege. One being that we can buy tickets for playoffs before general public.
    This is what they sent me. Can you tell why these tickets are not good for game 3.

They are for the NLCS not the NLDS.
    I didn't notice that before they were printed. They wouldn't refund my money.
    Well we all know the dodgers won so the Dbacks won't be advancing to the NLCS. I'll get refunded now

yacraps and random_roller like this.