2017 College Football Season

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by random_roller, Jul 24, 2017.

1. random_roller, Jan 3, 2018

random_roller

random_roller Member

IMO, OU's play during the last minute of regulation was questionable. Oklahoma had the ball 3rd and 2 @40 yard line with @30 seconds or so and at least 1 time out. Not sure why OU opted for a long pass, which was incomplete forcing a punt. Run the ball and get the first down (Sooners had over 200 yards rushing, 5+ yards/carry average) and then play for a potential game winning FG (even if Georgia had blocked one earlier in the game).

yacraps likes this.
  2. random_roller, Jan 4, 2018

random_roller

random_roller Member

Since Florida and Nebraska didn't play in a bowl game this season, enjoy this clip from the 1996 Fiesta Bowl between #1 Nebraska and #2 Florida:

3. yacraps, Jan 5, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

Yeah there were a lot of questionable calls my nephew and his son thought O U did... we went to the game had a good time enjoyed my nephews immensely the game was fun and all that came with it I forgot how pretty and cool the city of Pasadena and its history is I wouldnt mind making it a annual affair a lot of fun and believe it or not it was really convenient ;)

4. yacraps, Jan 5, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

The good ole days for Husker fans :)

random_roller likes this.
  5. random_roller, Jan 5, 2018

random_roller

random_roller Member

That was an awesome way to start 2018! The Tournament of Roses Parade is pretty good, too. A lot of hard work goes into making those floats, many of which are really well done. Hopefully the hotel rates weren't too bad, lol.

Onautopilot likes this.
  6. yacraps, Jan 6, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

Roller my nephews flew in I picked them up went back to my house wife had a big pot of spaghetti ate went to bed back up at 3 am drove up to Pasadena no traffic, parked at Parsons credit union went and ate breakfast walked up to parade we were toward the beginning when the parade finished we walked up to the stadium the whole day was maybe 2 miles of walking it was a piece of cake sunny warm comfortable day 76-78 it was really convenient

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  7. Onautopilot, Jan 6, 2018

Onautopilot

Onautopilot Member

Sounds like one great day with the nephews. I spent some time in Pasadena last time through that way....actually I got lost and ended up there off the freeway. :)

It was actually a good thing, I loved driving around there, and stopped and had lunch...beautiful city!

random_roller and yacraps like this.
  8. yacraps, Jan 6, 2018

yacraps

yacraps Member

Yeah J B it was one of many things that was cool... before the game started the big stealth bomber flew over we were sitting opposite of the way it flew in so we got a good long look...that plane is big.. I am glad it is on our side ;)

random_roller and Onautopilot like this.