2016 Crapsforum College Football Bowl Game Challenge

Discussion in 'Offtopic Lounge' started by random_roller, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Twelve4s, Jan 1, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

Random,

It looks like Clemson's year. They have more offense than Bama. If I should win this contest, I wish you to have the great prize as payback for all your work to improve CrapsForum for everyone!

Besides, 777's book is probably above my limits of comprehension. I'm still making come bets, and haven't been able to snipe a fire bet. I believe my Craps game is doomed to the ash heap of luck.

random_roller and yacraps like this.
  2. yacraps, Jan 1, 2017

yacraps

yacraps Member

Roller I totally agree with 12s I am also doing the same if all the ifs happen.... I already own a copy of Ninos book

random_roller likes this.
  3. random_roller, Jan 1, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

Twelve4s,

Appreciate the generous offer, but there is absolutely no need. If you win the challenge -- which, barring an epic collapse the likes of which we haven't seen since the 2016 Presidential election, will happen -- the book will be awarded to you, and deservingly so..

I'm just messing with you, since you are so far ahead of the rest of us minions.

Fear, not, though, as the rest of us shall have a shot at redemption in the 2016 Crapsforum NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Challenge (if that becomes a reality).

Twelve4s and yacraps like this.
  4. random_roller, Jan 1, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

Thanks, yacraps. Very nice gesture. I actually ordered 2 copies of the book from 777, so I'm covered. Well, as long as the publisher delivers the copies. I have heard rumors the current printing is being done on a manual typewriter to help cut production costs.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Twelve4s likes this.
  5. basicstrategy777, Jan 1, 2017

basicstrategy777

Cut the production costs....cut the production costs !!.......have you priced typewriter ribbons lately. It's un-friggin-believable. Besides....you are paying for the content, not the wrapper.

Twelve4s, random_roller and yacraps like this.
  6. yacraps, Jan 1, 2017

yacraps

yacraps Member

MINIONS....hey I resemble that remark....it aint over yet....well until Florida beats Iowa :)

7. yacraps, Jan 1, 2017

yacraps

yacraps Member

Oh I am telling yuh ...the book sucks...cant make head or tails out of it I think its written in Italian a couple of pages are upside down.... and I cant find any fold out pictures :confused:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    random_roller likes this.
  8. Twelve4s, Jan 1, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

How about a Super Bowl Challenge?

9. random_roller, Jan 1, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

I haven't priced out a typewriter ribbon in decades. I adopted inkjet technology in 1989 when I bought an HP DeskJet printer to use with WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS. After that, it was goodbye typewriter. Ironically, during the holidays I was cleaning out the basement and came across my old electronic word processor/typewriter from the 80s collecting dust on a shelf. Haven't used it in @25 years but kept it for some reason. My wife says I'm a hoarder. She's probably right.

If I'm paying for content (and not the wrapper), how come the book isn't cheaper (free?)!!!

Just kidding. That was way too easy, lol. You're a good setup man, 777. :D

10. random_roller, Jan 1, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

I'm not a big NFL fan, so unless the Browns are in the playoffs, it's not something I really follow.

11. Twelve4s, Jan 1, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

Next year with Romo! All the way baby!

12. yacraps, Jan 2, 2017

yacraps

yacraps Member

Just got in from work turned on tv to get bowl scores and this came up

13. random_roller, Jan 2, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

Game 10: Outback Bowl -- (17) Florida 30, Iowa 3

Game 11: Goodyear Cotton Bowl -- (8) Wisconsin 24, (15) Western Michigan 16

Game 12: Rose Bowl Game -- (9) USC 52, (5) Penn State 49

Game 13: Allstate Sugar Bowl -- (7) Oklahoma 35, (14) Auburn 13

In the Outback Bowl, Florida's defense showed up and played well -- as it had done during most of the regular season. The surprise is the Gators' offense -- oft-maligned and MIA -- actually showed up, too. Note to self: don't ever pick a Ferentz-coached Iowa team to win a bowl game against a Power 5 opponent.

The clock finally struck midnight and Cinderella's perfect season came to and end in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl. Even though both teams wanted to be in a better bowl game, this game was a good one. Wisconsin was in a "no-win" situation, while Western Michigan had nothing to lose (aside from an undefeated season).

The Rose Bowl was an instant classic, with both offenses taking center stage. The last team to have the bowl did in-fact win the game. This was the best (or worst) bowl game of the season (along with Louisiana Tech vs. Navy), depending upon which team you were rooting for. Penn State took a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter and then somehow allowed USC to rally and win on the game's final play.

Unfortunately, the Sugar Bowl was a snoozer. No matter, though -- hanging out in New Orleans on New Year's Eve probably wasn't too boring. Oklahoma started the season poorly (losses to Houston and Ohio State) but recovered nicely to win the Big XII.

Twelve4s correctly picked 3 of the games and increased his point total to 83 with one game remaining. Kokomojoe4 also correctly picked 3 of the games and currently is in 2nd place with 69 points. Both Twelve4s and Kokomojoe4 have picked Alabama to win Game 14 (CFP Championship). 777 continues his late surge to claim 3rd place with 63 points. Yacraps and random_roller are the back row scholars with 58 points, but yacraps can still move up if Clemson beats Alabama in the CFP Championship Game. Unfortunately for random_roller, none of his upset specials (Iowa, Louisville, Colorado) came through; perhaps that all the karma was used up in the 2016 success enjoyed by the Cavs and Indians.

The next evaluated bowl game is Game 14, (1) Alabama vs. (2) Clemson in the CFP Championship on Monday, January 9th.

upload_2017-1-3_0-12-29.png

14. basicstrategy777, Jan 3, 2017

basicstrategy777

me , random and yaya....did decent.....but 12-4's and koko were outstanding.....with 12-4's approaching being other worldly......I take off my hat to both of you.

And Random, thank you for taking the time and effort to put this all together, ...you did a real good job and it was alotta fun.

yacraps, random_roller and Twelve4s like this.
  15. random_roller, Jan 3, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

Following the results from Games 10-13, Twelve4s has built up an insurmountable lead regardless of the outcome of Game 14 (CFP Championship). Once Game 14 is completed, all that will be left is the official confirmation of the final results by the Crapsforum Electoral College, which is comprised of eenie, meenie, miney and moe. Although it hasn't happened too often in the past, it is worth noting eenie, meenie, miney and moe are not bound by the on-field game results and entrant picks; rather, each member of the Crapsforum Electoral College can independently vote his/her conscience in selecting the overall winner. :rolleyes::D

Congratulations to Twelve4s on a stellar job of picking the games. KokomoJoe4 did a great job making picks, too.

yacraps and Twelve4s like this.
  16. random_roller, Jan 3, 2017

random_roller

random_roller Member

Thanks, 777. I completely agree with you regarding the job Twelve4s and Koko did in picking the games. Hopefully everyone had fun with this.

yacraps and Twelve4s like this.
  17. KokomoJoe4, Jan 3, 2017

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Good stuff I agree, but it was not fun watching 12-4's annihilate us. He didn't tell us in advance that he is a Pick Influencer.;)

18. Twelve4s, Jan 3, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

If you review my posts, I said I am a chunker at college football.

Consider this time as a fluke, variance to the extreme.

I will confess, that most of my pics were based on the experts picks on NCAA 's website. Is that cheating?

I commend RR for a great contest in every respect!

yacraps, random_roller and KokomoJoe4 like this.
  19. KokomoJoe4, Jan 3, 2017

KokomoJoe4

KokomoJoe4 Member

Corrected comment from 12-4's,

I have forgotten more about college football prognostication than Jimmy the Greek knew.

20. Twelve4s, Jan 3, 2017

Twelve4s

Twelve4s Member

Didn't he die from a coronary?